Care & Maintenance for your windows
Cleaning of coatings
Spray coating with warm soapy water and wipe off lightly with a soft, clean cloth
Do not attempt to clean the coating for at least 7 days after the installation to ensure that the adhesive bonds thoroughly to the glass.
A slightly “hazy” look
A slight hazy look might be visible between the coating and the glass just after the application. This is normal and will disappear in approximately FOUR to TEN weeks.
Any water bubbles (if any) will also disappear in approximately FOUR to TEN weeks.
Fine splice lines
Fine splice lines may be visible on curved windows, which require two or more sections of coating to ensure full coverage.
Slight refraction effect (for cars)
There may be a slight refraction effect on the rear defogger lines during night time driving when viewed from the rear view mirror. This again is due to the water trapped within the film and will reduced after sufficient sunning.
Points to Remember
- FOR AUTOMOBILE: Do not wind down the car windows for the next 48 hours after installation.
- FOR AUTOMOBILE: Do not turn on the defogger line for the next 2 weeks after installation.
- Do install any device with weight and suction on the coating for the next 2 weeks after installation.
- Do not pick at the edges of the coating. This will break the seal designed to keep contamination out.
- Do not use ammonia or alcohol-based solution to clean the windows.
- Do not clean the coating with abrasive as this may damage the coating.
- Do not apply stickers or adhesive tape of any kind to the coating.